Vienna is of course best known for its traditional coffee house culture (though we have Starbucks now, too), but hosts a variety of eating establishments – from Irish pubs to Michelin star restaurants.
I don’t get out much, so will simply point you to the TripAdvisor rankings and reviews for Viennese restaurants. You might, however, find the following articles useful:
- Learn the rules for ordering and paying for food and drink (service is nearly always at the table, even in places that look like pubs).
- Learn the rules for tipping in restaurants (don’t worry, it’s relatively easy).
- Learn the rules for saying “cheers” (it’s a ritual).
- Learn about drinking hours and ages.
- Understand the allergy information displayed on menus.
And just for the record, a couple of places I’ve been to and then written about: Cafe Stein and Shebeen (pub), the cafes in the NHM and KHM museums, and Landtmann’s Jausen Station in the grounds of Schönbrunn Palace.