Address & website
- Boltzmanngasse 16, 1090 Vienna (embassy)
- Parkring 12a, 1010 Vienna (consular section)
How to get to the US embassy
The US consulate is very accessible, located on the main Ringstrasse encircling Vienna’s old centre: simply take tram line 1 or 2 to Weihburggasse. It’s also about a 5 minute walk from the subway stations Stubentor (on the U3 line) or Stadtpark (U4 line).
For the US embassy:
- Tram lines 37, 38, 40, 41 and 42 to Sensengasse (4 minute walk)
- Tram lines 5, 33, 37, 38 to Nußdorfer Str./Alserbachstr. (5 minute walk)
- Tram lines 5, 33, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42 to Spitalgasse (5 minute walk)
- Tram line 1 and D to Bauernfeldplatz (7 minute walk)
- Bus 40A to Nußdorfer Str./Alserbachstr. (5 minute walk) or Bauernfeldplatz (7 minute walk)
You can catch many of these trams from a fairly central station (Schottentor on the U2 subway line) or at the Währinger Straße-Volksoper station on the U6 subway.
The embassy proper is close to Liechenstein Palace and gardens.
The consulate is a hop, skip and jump from lots of central attractions: just walk north to enter the old town. The same building houses Champions sports bar, a great place to watch football matches.
The consulate’s other immediate neighbours include Palais Coburg, the MAK (Austrian Museum for Applied Arts) and the Stadtpark public park. The latter is known for its famous and photogenic Johann Strauss memorial.