Like any affluent capital city, Vienna is full of shopping opportunities.
The two main “shop ’till you drop” streets are Kärntnerstrasse (at the very center) and Mariahilfestrasse (a little further out).
But it’s not just about expensive handbags and fashion boutiques.
What about food shopping? Stamps? Products from home?
Selected stores and markets
- Bobby’s foodstore (for UK and US groceries, if you’re desperate for self-raising flour or Cadbury’s chocolate)
- Naschmarkt (Vienna’s largest food market, with products from all over the world)
- Trafik (the local answer to the tobacconist and newsagent)
- Stamps and post offices (all you need to know for sending postcards)
- Supermarkets (tips on which chains are best and why you might want to go souvenir shopping here)
- Japanese food stores (where to get your Sake and sauces)