(Updated March 22nd, 2020): The government has introduced several measures to help counter the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) in Austria. These include major restrictions on public life and freedom of movement.
As a single, private individual, I am not qualified to offer you any travel or medical advice, so check:
- These official information resources for Vienna:
- Your government’s travel advisory pages
- Official event, service & location websites (for info on cancellations, postponements, changed opening times or temporary closures)
- Many (if not all) events and locations will be cancelled/closed at the moment and in the coming days/weeks
- Non-essential shops and similar in Vienna are closed (supermarkets and chemists, for example, remain open), as are restaurants, bars, cafés etc.
I’m not sure how long these and various other government measures restricting movement, public gatherings and entry into Austria will last but the local lockdown is in place until April 13th for now. Check official information sources for accurate, up-to-date advice and information.