Should you wish to dip your toes into the world of travel, outdoor adventure, and photography, then Vienna might be the place to start. The Photo+Adventure fair and festival takes you on a journey around all three.
- Two-day event with dozens of exhibitors, plus talks, workshops, shows, photo exhibitions, and more
- 2022 dates: provisionally Oct 15-16
- See also: What to do in Vienna | Foto Wien festival
What is Photo+Adventure?
In modern times, photography, outdoor adventure and travel often go hand-in-hand (photo safari, anyone?). It’s a trend given ample recognition at the Photo+Adventure event.
Think of it as a combination of (trade) fair and festival.
The fair element sees numerous exhibitors presenting the latest products, trends, and technologies. These include the top camera brands, as well as travel agencies and travel destinations.
The festival element typically features such highlights as:
- A host of paid workshops and seminars
- Numerous specialist talks
- A travel reports programme (at the last event, for example, this took visitors from Morocco to Myanmar, Iran to India, Brazil to Botswana, and many places in between)
- Photo exhibitions featuring entries and winners from various competitions, as well as curated exhibitions on particular themes or from particular photographers
Most of the above are, inevitably, “in German”, but since photography is a visual medium and English is everywhere these days, there’s still plenty to enjoy for non-German speakers.
2022 dates & tickets
The dates for the next Photo+Adventure are provisionally October 15th and 16th, 2022. Opening times are TBA.
Day or weekend tickets should become available online from the official website or can be bought at the event itself.
How to get to Photo+Adventure
The event takes place at the Pyramide Wien, a location just outside Vienna in Vösendorf. It’s easy to reach with public transport, though. Just jump on the famous Badner Bahn – a rail line that leaves from the Oper/Karlsplatz stop in the city centre.
Address: Parkallee 2, 2334 Vösendorf | Website