This small collection of articles highlights the Vienna locations or themes featured in well-known films, TV shows, or songs.
- See also: Famous Viennese
Watch this space, as I add more articles through time…
(The Mölker Steig, featured in Vienna Blood – Episode 1)
- The Vienna Blood period detective series used a large number of locations in Vienna and I’ve tracked down most of the outdoor ones.
(The State Opera House, which played a major role in Mission Impossible 5)
- Vienna famously provided the backdrop for the Third Man with Orson Welles. That’s not the only movie to feature the famous Riesenrad (Giant Ferris Wheel). Hint: His name is Bond, James Bond.
- Talking of Bond, see which Vienna sights played a major role in the 15th Bond film: The Living Daylights.
- And talking of spy movies, discover which Viennese locations featured in Mission Impossible 5.
- And at the other end of the cultural spectrum, the city gets a few mentions in Leonard Cohen’s “Take This Waltz”.