Address & website
- Boltzmanngasse 16, 1090 Vienna (embassy)
- Parkring 12a, 1010 Vienna (consular section)
How to get to the US embassy
The US consulate is very accessible, located on the main Ringstrasse encircling Vienna’s old centre.
Simply take tram line 2 to Weihburggasse or a 5 minute walk from the subway stations Stubentor (on the U3 line) or Stadtpark (U4 line). Look for the Marriott hotel.
For the US embassy:
- Tram lines 37, 38, 40, 41 and 42 to Sensengasse (4 minute walk)
- Tram lines 5, 33, 37, 38 to Nußdorfer Str./Alserbachstr. (5 minute walk)
- Tram lines 5, 33, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42 to Spitalgasse (5 minute walk)
- Tram line 1 and D to Bauernfeldplatz (7 minute walk)
- Bus 40A to Nußdorfer Str./Alserbachstr. (5 minute walk) or Bauernfeldplatz (7 minute walk)
You can catch many of these trams from a fairly central station (Schottentor on the U2 subway line) or at the Währinger Straße-Volksoper station on the U6 subway.
(American sports bar close to the consulate)
The embassy proper is close to the Liechenstein garden palace.
The consulate is a hop, skip and jump from lots of central attractions: just walk north to enter the old town, which has the cathedral, winter palace complex, pedestrianised routes and similar.
Champions sports bar lives in the same building as the consultate and is a great place to watch football matches and US sports. If you prefer something more Viennese and traditional, then walk up the main boulevard outside in either direction to find Café Prückel or Café Schwarzenberg.
The consulate’s other immediate neighbours include the Palais Coburg hotel (with the remains of city fortifications inside), the MAK (Austrian Museum for Applied Arts) and the Stadtpark public park. The latter contains the famous and photogenic golden Johann Strauss memorial.